Old radios



I have been helping to sort through things for a silent key sale and brought this old FT-101B home to test at my station. This is my first real experience of a valve radio and I have really enjoyed the receive quality of the radio and the receive audio is a joy to listen to. It out performs my more modern radios in a way that can't really be described. It is nice to go back to basics and it has made me want to add an old valve radio to the shack here as a permanent addition. I just hope it doesn't find a new home just yet to allow me to listen on it some more. I think along with the Drake TR-7 I am starting to really appreciate the older radios and the way they are so easy to work on and repair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modifying the FT-897 to get the best from it.

Improving the FT-1000mp Mark V RX

Laserbeam delights - Audio DSP filter for CW