Modifying the FT-1000MP mark V Noise Blanker


I have been reading that the noise blanket mod for the FT-1000mp mrk V helps to improve the rx performance. I spent some time taking the radio apart to find the mod had already been done but after checking the resistor used with the DVM it was not quite the value recomended. I swapped it for a new 220 ohm resistor and put the radio back together. 

The verdict...
I always wondered why my radio performed better under contest conditions than the identical radios with the same filters at the radio club, now I know. 
Did the resistor swap I did help? Yes, a small but noticeable improvement especially when listening to weak CW near strong signals. 

Happy :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modifying the FT-897 to get the best from it.

Improving the FT-1000mp Mark V RX

Laserbeam delights - Audio DSP filter for CW