Summer in the Outer Hebredies

My career as a lecturer means I have huge busy periods in my life but I do have a nice time during my summer break. This year I took the family with me to visit my favourite place, North units in the Outer Hebredies. It was a nice chance to do some portable operating and some fishing too. I must admit the QRP did not get  a chance with the poor conditions experienced at the time but I did have radio fun in SSB and CW. 
The sunset above was the view from the temporary shack window. What a great location with virtually no noise on the bands. 
I worked a fair few stations on 40m and proved popular with my worked all Britain WAB square. Thanks to all those that called me as MM0TEF from North Uist. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modifying the FT-897 to get the best from it.

Improving the FT-1000mp Mark V RX

Laserbeam delights - Audio DSP filter for CW