Bringing new life to my station - SDRPlay & SDRuno

I have decided to explore the world of SDR and my first venture into this arena was with the rather sensibly priced SDRPlay RSP at £127.20 including VAT and delivery.

I have been really pleased so far with my experience and even more so that I have been able to sync the new RX up to my existing FT-1000mp Mark V setup to give me a band scope and additional RX using SDRuno software and the Ominirig connection server to share the CAT data with the radio. 


I have already been asked how I have setup the station so produced this graphic to help explain how I set it up. The PC is nothing amazing and is an old cast off from a family member as I usually am a Mac user and wanted a PC to run some basic software in the shack. 



I have made use of the RX antenna in and out from the FT-1000mp Mark V to split the RX and return it to the main radio and send half to the SDR. OK there are some losses but then they are marginal and can be turned on and off using the RX switch on the front of the Yaesu. It allows a band scope on the SDR and also benefits from the same band pass filters used in the main radio to help the front end cope a little better.

Initially I am happy with my results and the outcome, I am also very happy with the added functions to my aging radio setup. 

I hope to get some videos done once I get to grips with the software to get the most from the performance. So far I have found it very good on weak signals for QRP reception. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modifying the FT-897 to get the best from it.

Improving the FT-1000mp Mark V RX

Laserbeam delights - Audio DSP filter for CW