RSGB field day changes 2017




I have been reading September's Radcom this morning and read that there are changes due to RSGB field day contests. I personally would like to see catagories for small stations and short term ops. Say 8 hours and QRP and battery efforts with additional points for the hard time these stations face. Perhaps similar to the catagories used in ARRL field day. 

I am appealing for QRP users who are RSGB members to support my thoughts and see if we can get a section more supportive of the types of operation we do. 

Here is a copy of the email I sent to Steve  White G3ZVW

Dear Steve, (Steve.g3zvw@gmail.com)

I have been reading about changes to field day contesting and would like to offer my input as a keen field day opp who has given up going out and about. 

I would like to suggest provision in both contests for small short term stations rather like the ARRL field day with a score multiplayer for QRP and battery power alone encouraging individuals such as myself to head out into the countryside for 8 hours or so and join in the fun but be recognised by a score multiplier for the additional efforts required for a basic station making contacts. 

It's just a thought but I have thought for some time we need to be working more like the ARRL field day as it seems to encourage a huge number of small scale entries each year without the need for a major camp and team effort. 

I would like you to be able to pass this forward on my behalf having not been consulted because 2015 was a year I decided the current system was "boring" "restrictive" and "lacking imagination " 

I want to see a raft of low power fun style ops going out and being recognised in their own way instead of being bottom of a table that they don't really fit in. 


Regards

Alistair - M0TEF

[edit - I received this reply to my email...]

Hello Alistair

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail. I'm not a member of the contest committee, so I don't have a hand in making the rules, but I'm forwarding your message to the Chair of the HF Contest Committee (G4FAL). [ 
mailto: nick@totterdell.co.uk ]

vy 73

Steve, G3ZVW

--------

I hope some of you will support and put forward any thoughts you have too. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Modifying the FT-897 to get the best from it.

Improving the FT-1000mp Mark V RX

Laserbeam delights - Audio DSP filter for CW